Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cruise of a Lifetime (part 1)


Well, Here I sit in a motel room in muggy Houston. The second stage in a week long adventure planned by my beautiful bride, Karen.

Let me tell you how great she is, she is more wonderful to me today than anytime in the last twenty-two years. I love her with all my heart, mind and soul.

You see, she has wanted to go on a cruise for as long as I can remember. All we had to do was get the money and she would take care of all the details, and that she did.

This morning we awoke at a friend's house (a story for another time), and left for the Denver International Airport. Our youngest son, Ben, drove us there and then went back to Loveland for the week. He will come get us from the airport on Saturday after this wonderful excursion.

We are awaiting our lifelong friends Mark and Noelle, who are driving from Dallas to Houston as I type this out. They, along with other friends; Don & Cindy, and Odie & Kathy are all on the same Carnival Cruise as us.

We weigh anchor tomorrow, Monday, Oct 13th @ 3:30 PM CST. We will sail into the Gulf of Mexico, where will will dock at Yucatan on Tuesday, then Cozumel on Thursday, returning to Houston's Bayport on Saturday.

Did I tell you how much I love my wife. She is the "apple of my eye", and I hope to never loose her affection.

Stay tuned as I post pictures from each day of the trip. But remember this men...

Fathers can give their sons an inheritance of houses and wealth,but only the Lord can give an understanding wife. Proverbs 19:14

No comments:

The Gospel of JOHN - Chapter 1

John 1  NLT Prologue: Christ, the Eternal Word 1 In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word wa...