Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hard Work is Good for You



Wow, yesterday reminded me how much I enjoy sweating every once in a while.

Mary Comm is the Director of a ministry to people who have suffered through a traumatic time in their lives, IN OUR MIDST, A SAFE PLACE ABORTION RECOVERY CENTER. She was moving her offices, to a much needed larger space. but her husband Joel was scheduled to leave town the very day she needed to move. I guess that's one of the many reasons God moved me into their lives almost six weeks ago.

I planned on my son and myself moving the entire facility through the night last night, but once again God had plans I did not know of. Mary had been praying for other men to be available to assist me and when I arrived at the old offices, two men showed up to help. They were a pastor and a deacon from Joel and Mary's church. WOW! Other people who are willing to work hard and sweat for brothers and sisters in the ministry. These two men, James and Tim have nothing vested in the business other than helping to spread the love of God.

Well gentlemen, mission accomplished. Your sweat and hard work ministered to me last night. All you received was a hearty hand of thanks, yet you gave a huge blessing to a sometimes weary soul. You see, I was bummed about no one else offering to help, the boss, and you listened to God the father and reassured me of just that.

“It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.”- Deuteronomy 13:4

Thank you God that you have plans we know not of. Thank you for godly men here on Earth that are willing to break their backs in service to you. May your kingdom here on Earth be filled with willing men and women who are not afraid to sweat.

No comments:

The Gospel of JOHN - Chapter 1

John 1  NLT Prologue: Christ, the Eternal Word 1 In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word wa...