Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Selling the Homestead, Thanks Dave




If you've ever sold a home you'll be able to relate to today's blog.

We received our first offer on the home Karen and I believed to be our retirement home. The home we spent months fretting over every last detail in its construction just four short years ago.

Today it hit me that all the time and energy we had invested in the material things of this world have now come to mean almost nothing as someone else is going to enjoy the fruit of our labor.

It reminded me of King Solomon's wisdom, "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun" Ecclesiastes 1:9

I can only hope that this process is not one that will tax my very little patience. I trust that God will not let me be fooled by the folly of unwise people during this vital transaction. I know that there are persons who are looking to cash in at this tumultuous time of our economic crisis.

Many of my friends are facing tough financial times. But each of them have been through Dave Ramsey's course, at our former church in Texas. Last year was an amazing preparation time for this year's economic crisis. God had prepared several of our churches members to face the hard times ahead but teaches us to "Live like no one else now, so we can LIVE like no else later."

Thank you Dave for showing me, "I am doing better than I deserve"

No comments:

The Gospel of JOHN - Chapter 1

John 1  NLT Prologue: Christ, the Eternal Word 1 In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word wa...